Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Where I want to start a school, the market is over saturated. I mean you have two franchises that are opening up school's in the area already, and the population is like of the town is 6,000. Also, the studio I studied at is 45 minutes away. So people do go come from there. Now if the city was a bigger city, let's say 20-30,000 of the area, then maybe it might be posssible.

Personally, I would be willing to teach for free, live out of the studio, and work a full-time job. Why? Because I find that is how I meet the people who I like being around. Now people look at me and look at how much stuff I've done at karate, and think I'm "naive" for doing it.

One thing is people have gotten me jobs because I've helped teach for free. I'm not saying, that one should go into teaching expecting that of course. However good people do know good people. For example, 90% of the jobs are unadvertised, and if one is capable of teaching well then might have other skills as well.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home